Monday, June 25, 2012

{Homemade} Diaper rash cream

I started making a diaper rash cream and I LOVE it!! I just love coconut oil in every way, and I love how it works with the beeswax, and I love even more so that *I* made it. Plain coconut oil is just as good, but I wanted to play around a little bit. 

      It is really hard to give a price estimate on some of these homemade products. Why? It is because you get a lot of use out of every product you buy. Pictured below: coconut oil, I will probably get to use it for 50+ things I make. The beeswax is good for another 5-10 things I can make. The lavender oil will last for hundreds, if not thousands of things I can make. The brown jar is for storage. It is extremly cost effective to make your own products. I also enjoy knowing that there is nothing else added to the stuff I make. No parabens, carcinogens, and nasty things.

5 tablespoons beeswax
4 tablespoons coconut oil
Vitamin e gel cap

Using a double boiler, or a pan of boiling water with a bowl inside (as pictured) to melt your coconut oil and beeswax without burning it.

  Once melted, place some on a teaspoon and put in refrigerator for 3 minutes.

 It will harden to its finished consistency. Check the cream by touching it, try pulling some away.



























Make it as thick or thin as you like. Thicker = more beeswax. Thinner = more coconut oil .

If it is as thick as you would like, remove from heat, mix in gel cap and pour into container. Liquid will solidify.


























This makes roughly 5 ounces. Keep in any container you wish.


1 comment: