Saturday, June 16, 2012

Bye bye coffee shop

I am so behind today. It's a Saturday and I normally work for felix, the sweet elder man next door to me, from 8am-11am but today someone is taking him out for a drive and lunch. I have yet to get dressed, the baby is napping and I am watching a movie on the couch with hunter.
          Justin, my dearest fiancĂ©, drove to the store for a bag of coffee and some almond milk earlier today before he had to go to work. I guess Felix being busy was a good thing considering Justin is working and I'd of have to take both kids with me. Anyways, I decide to make an iced coffee. I've been asked to start a blog and to share all my recipes, so I shall share this iced coffee recipe with you all.
        I don't have a coffee maker, I have a glass tea pot with a glass drop in infuser. I may share a picture of it one day. It's nothing special. I brew my coffee in that. I also use the blender sized cup on the magic bullet deluxe.
          * I will also be baking today, so more blog recipes to follow*

                 Vanilla chocolate iced coffee

1 1/2 cups black coffee
1/8 cup chocolate chips
Small drizzle of vanilla extract (about 1/8th teaspoon)
1 tablespoon sugar
Vanilla almond milk,as much as you enjoy.

Blend and enjoy it hot, pour over ice for an iced coffee or blend it with Ice for a blended coffee. Just keep adding the ice by cups until you reach the consistency of how blended you want it.
You can use whichever coffee, sugar, chocolate, or extract you like, organic, generic, raw.
A healthy (but very fattening) additive could be a tablespoon of coconut oil. I suggest a virgin, unrefined oil of your choice. You could add the coconut oil to the hot coffee stage, you can also mix it into a homemade whipped cream for the top.
This is very easy, it makes up super quick and you can substitute hot chocolate for the coffee to give the kids a sweet treat. I hope you enjoy it, and I am sure that you can mess around and add different flavorings and such.


No comments:

Post a Comment