Monday, June 25, 2012

{Homemade} cloth wipe solution

Today I made 40 samples of this stuff for a workshop on how to save money and still be "green", organic, and make things yourself. So I will make this short and sweet, it's an easy recipe.

1/2 pint HOT water
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
8 drops lavender oil
8 drops tea tree oil

*mix all the ingredients. I said to use hot water, just so it melts the coconut oil down whole you mix it all together. Once mixed pour into a regular wipes container and keep your wipes inside of it, change it every few days or when it starts to smell musky. You can also store it inside of a glass bottle.
The coconut oil may solidify. Just run under hot water, sit in a sunny windowsill, shake it up.

I personally love this solution. It smells {AMAZING}. I tend to put my cloth wipes inside of my cloth diaper after a change and the diapers come out of the washing machine smelling like tea tree oil and lavender oil. But I love how oily the solution is, It is easy to glide the wipe over the baby's skin and it also keeps their skin protected from wetness.

**this IS cloth diaper safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment